With our wine and cheese event just around the corner, we are excited to announce our next fundraiser set for November: a vegan pie baking contest! Have a drool worthy sweet or savory pie recipe under you belt? Enter it in the contest for only $5, and get yourself in the running for some seriously awesome prizes! Are you better at eating pie than making it? We need your skills, too! Come to the event to taste and vote on all of the pies! That’s right – $10 gets you in the door, and you get to taste all of the sweet, savory, and delicious cruelty-free pies that lay before you, and then you get to vote on your favorite! Here are the details:
Where: Have Not Films 1102 S 11th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405 (ignore the location on the flyer!)
When: Sunday, November 6th 11am-1pm
- All pies entered must be 100% vegan, which means no animal products at all (no eggs, dairy, butter, milk, meat, chicken/beef broth, etc.) If you are interested in entering a pie, please send a list of ingredients to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to not only ensure that all of the pies are actually vegan, but also so that we may label each pie properly for possible allergens. If you need help veganizing your favorite recipe, contact us, and we’ll help you out!
- Purchase a “Pie Entry” ticket here.
To attend the event, simply purchase an admission ticket here. All attendees who have not entered a pie will have the opportunity to vote in the People’s Choice category. Guest judges will vote in three other categories: The Best Vegan Pie in Tacoma, The One and Only Savory Pie, and The Sweetest Pie of Them All. Guest judges will include:
Nicholas and Renee – Owners of Fire and Earth Kitchen, Seattle’s one and only vegan and gluten free cooking school.
Chef Ariella – Owner of Healthy Creations, a vegan, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free bakery in Seattle.
Brooke Young – Owner and creator of Fauxmage, vegan non-dariy cheese from trees. Seattle’s very own artisnal vegan cheese!
Winners in each categories will receive prizes including:
- Vegan cooking class certificate to Fire and Earth kitchen in Seattle
- 2 hour tattoo session with a vegan artist
- Field Roast grill Pack
- Grand Cinema tickets
- A copy of Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen cookbook
- Gift cerrtificate to Healthy Creations vegan bakery in Seattle
As always, if you have any questions or general comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope you are just as excited about this event as we are!