It’s smoothie season! I absolutely love having smoothies for breakfast in the summer, or for any meal really. I love that it’s so easy to make a filling and nutritious meal that tastes like dessert! They even texturally feel like dessert without having the sugary gross feeling afterwards.
Today’s recipe is great for a morning smoothie because it uses espresso powder. It’s a not particularly sweet smoothie (which is the way I like it) so feel free to add any sort of sweetener – agave nectar, dates, maple syrup, etc.
Don’t forget about the events coming up for Cupid’s Landing:
Saturday, July 9th – “The Power of Plant Based Eating” free presentation at Marlene’s in Tacoma, 10am – 12pm
Sunday, July 17th – Garage sale to benefit Cupid’s Landing located at 151 S 60th St, Tacoma, WA 98408
- 1 medium-large apple, cut into small enough pieces for your blender
- 1/4 cup apple juice (or water or more milk)
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 big spoonful of peanut butter
- Through it all in a blender and blend until smooth!